download pdf » |
Rowland Hassall School is a Special Purpose School catering for students with an intellectual disability and other secondary disabilities. The existing Rowland Hassall School is located in Parramatta with lahznimmo architects being engaged to design and document the new school in Chester Hill in September of 2015; a very tight and challenging documentation program.
The new school will have a capacity for 70 students with ten classrooms (homebases) and a maximum of 7 students per class. The brief for the new school includes:
– 10 homebases and associated withdrawal and breakout spaces
– A Library with a technology focus
– Special Programs spaces
– A multipurpose hall and covered outdoor learning area (COLA)
– Administration and Staff facilities
– Student services (toilets/canteen)
The school is organised around a generous central courtyard space which will become the social and educational focus for the students and teachers and incorporates and supports a variety of different learning modes and environments.
The project is due for completion late 2016.
Client: Dept. of Education
Completion: Under construction